Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Remembering Xanga: Part 10: Profile Pic Gallery

A Gallery of My Xanga Profile Pictures. 2004-2013
(An updated version of an entry originally posted on 6/6/08.) Some Xangans have had the same profile pic since they joined. Some update regularly. I think perhaps I'm the only Xangan who created a "gallery" of "rotating" profile pictures in the weeks right after I joined the service, with the express purpose of using different pix for different themed posts.
Invariably someone will notice one of the many different profile pics I might insert into a new entry and tell me that they "love the new profile". I've created over 75 sometimes quite creative profile pics since I put this blog online on Memorial Day 2004. Originally, the idea was that each entry would have a "themed" profile pic from whatever age I was writing from that viewpoint. For example, if an entry was about my high school days, the profile pic on that entry would be of me in high school. The first profiles had the ubiquitous dreamcatcher as a "frame" into which the photo was inserted. There were three "motifs" in the beginning, which morphed into the themed blog headers, for which the profiles used the same background. The dreamcatcher is sometimes hidden, but it was (usually) always there up until a few years ago. Shortly after I posted the first "gallery" I created the morph which appears in the upper left hand corner of the blog.



 



 



                                            
These images are arranged (mostly) from the most current to the oldest. There were a few I did not include because they were either never used or were similar to another one already here in the "gallery". As I did in 2008 I'd like to challenge anyone reading this to do the same kind of entry on your blog, including profile pics you have either used or created. My profile name: baldmike2004 is just one of the many "dated" versions of my "baldmike" profile name I've used on websites since I first went online back in the late 90s.  (This should be Top Blog, don't ya think?)
Posted: July 10, 2013 8:46 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment